New York City. The Big Apple. The city that never sleeps. Whatever you call it, NYC is a magical place to be at any time of the year, but especially during the Christmas season. From twinkling lights to festive decorations, it is a winter wonderland that every traveler should get to experience at least once in their lifetime.
Here’s what you need to know before planning your holiday excursion to this iconic city:
Where to Stay?
Visiting New York City for Christmas is an experience like no other. With some of the best holiday decorations, vast shopping possibilities and a diverse range of activities, it’s the perfect place to spend the holidays.
But one of the most important things that you must think about is where you’re going to stay. It’s all well and good having a long list of places to see and things to do, but if you don’t have a place to lay your head at night, then your trip won’t be as enjoyable.
One of the most popular options when it comes to accommodation are luxury hotels, similar to The Marmara Park Avenue. With stunning views of the city and modern, chic interiors, it’s an ideal place to stay for those wanting a little bit of extra comfort and luxury. Just be sure to check availability on their website before making any further plans for your stay.
For those of you on a budget, there are plenty of affordable hotels in the area too. And don’t forget about Airbnb. There are many incredible properties in New York City that provide enough room for the entire family, while having the necessary amenities (like Wi-Fi and even a fully equipped kitchen) that you’d expect from a traditional hotel. So, this could be the perfect option if you’re looking for a home away from home.
No matter what your budget is, there’s definitely something to suit everyone when it comes to accommodation. All you have to do is do some research and make sure you book your stay as soon as possible!
Traveling Around New York City
Once you have found the perfect accommodation for your needs, your attention should next turn to how to get to where you need to go. The best way to get around in NYC is by taking public transport. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) operates a 24-hour subway, as well as buses and trains that can take you to most places of interest. If you’re staying for more than a few days, investing in an MTA card is the best way to travel around the city economically and conveniently.
For getting around on foot, New York City also has an extensive pedestrian network. This is the perfect way to explore the city’s many neighborhoods and take in all its attractions. If you prefer traveling via taxi or car service, there are plenty of options available. Taxi services can be easily hailed from the street, while apps like Uber and Lyft are also popular choices.
And lastly, if you want to explore the city from a different perspective, taking a cruise or renting a bike can be great options. There are plenty of sightseeing tours and companies that offer bike rentals for both long and short-term use.
Regardless of how you decide to get around, New York City is a great place to explore, and it’s even more magical during the holiday season.
What to See and Do
Going to New York City during the holiday season is something that should be on everyone’s bucket list. The festive atmosphere and the wonderful opportunities for fun and exploration make it one of the best places to visit during Christmas. With so much to do, it’s important to plan ahead in order to make the most of your trip.
Here are some of the best things to see and do:
• The Rockefeller Center tree lighting. The ceremony takes place every year on the Wednesday after Thanksgiving, with a special show featuring performances by some of music’s biggest stars. It’s a sight that should not be missed!
• Ice skating at the iconic Rockefeller Center rink. Skate around the Christmas tree and take in the beauty of New York City from one of its most famous locations. If you are feeling adventurous, there are also other rinks located throughout the city.
• Sightseeing on the Staten Island Ferry. This free ferry takes you past the Statue of Liberty and gives you a great view of both Manhattan and New York Harbor.
• Shop in iconic locations such as Soho, Fifth Avenue, Bryant Park, and Times Square. With so many stores to choose from, it’s easy to find something special for everyone on your list.
• See a show on Broadway or in one of New York City’s many theaters. From plays to musicals, concerts, and comedy shows, there is something for everyone in this vibrant city!
• Experience the magic of Christmas at Central Park. Take a carriage ride around the park or visit some of its many attractions.
By taking the time to see all the sights and get involved in the activities, your vacation will be action-packed right from the get-go.
So, if you haven’t been convinced already, New York City is the perfect place for you to spend your Christmas holiday. The iconic lights of the city, the plethora of activities, from shopping to sightseeing, and the unique decorations will make your stay one to remember.
Whether you’re looking for a cozy winter break or a vibrant big-city experience, NYC has something for everyone. What are you waiting for? Book your trip today!
My name is Amy and i’ve been a passionate blogger about life, love and travel for many years. I first started blogging in 1997 and it’s been quite a journey since then. I keep my blog up-to-date on a weekly basis and you can also follow me on my Twitter account here: Hello