It is difficult and tough to face Defeat or easy to accept that losing means we are failures. To admit Defeat, we should first affirm the situation. Smart people than you or I have noted some admirable quotes and extracts. Here is a piece of excellent advice from different people from history on how to Accept Defeat and even grow from your mistakes.
Be Aware of Your Emotions
First, you should think of what you have just experienced and understood how you are responding to that situation. If you are annoyed, ask yourself why. If you are dissatisfied, ask yourself what you expected to achieve. Before you control or accept your emotions, you must first understand and believe them.
- Think of how it would feel if you would have won. Make a comparison between those two states and examine what will remain the same between the two results.
- Speak to your close friend about your feelings. He/she will advise you, and you will be able to do what you need to do to phrase with the situation.
Talk positive words to yourself and declare there is no way that you will feel wrong. No feeling is inalienably positive or negative. You should admit the fact that what you are feeling is acceptable.
- Keep in mind that it is essential to hold emotions; sometimes, it may be unwise to follow some feelings such as anger to their logical ending.
- You should think of at least one thing about yourself that makes you proud. It may be your strengths, how you have helped others, or what you have succeeded on. You should show gratitude to yourself instead of looking at the negativities.
Keeping of Perspectives
It may be difficult to prevent your Defeat. But it is possible to control the reaction towards it. Take a breath and be levelheaded as you can. Take action and remind yourself that it has already happened, and you cannot change it. This attitude will make you flexible and adaptable, which will help you to handle negativity in future.
- Life goes on one defeat, and it may not be relevant in the strategy of things.
Developing Your Self-esteem
Remember, you just got defeated, which does not mean you are a failure. One way to handle such a fall is to heighten your self-esteem. Just think of it as a chance to bounce off back and come back as a more significant success. Just do not get hard on yourself, be cool about it. There are many opportunities out there are waiting for you to catch up to them and make them your very own.
- Try to start again by following these tips whenever you get defeated and come out top next time you try again.
- Be innovative and look at the positive side when it comes to life.
- Accepting a lose gracefully and trying again always makes you feel fresh and makes you the bigger guy.
Never Give Up
Stick to the script of the game. Do not give up on the game just because you did not win. When you give up, it becomes a failure. Who wants to add that to the list? I would guess no one. Negligence is failing not to try. So, to stop these diseases of failure, remember why you started in the first place. Opportunities are just too many to end.
- Never close your eyes on your dreams.
- Keep on trying, and you have a million chances to try again.
- Whenever you feel like giving up, just remember what you have gone through to get where you are.
The Half Glass Theory
Defeat is bitter. No one wants it to be part of their life. We all always look at the glass as half empty rather than seeing it as half full. Whenever something does not go the way we want, we only see the dark side. We never look at the bright, and we do not try to be optimistic about that. It is just a chance to improve your skills, an opportunity to make another decision, and learn from your mistakes.
- Get your head straight.
- Train yourself to see only the positive side.
- Always look at the glass as half-filled instead of half empty.
Do Not Stick to the Blame Game
People always find it easy to blame someone for their Defeat. It makes them feel bitter about themselves. What they do not know is that they are only making excuses for not trying again. For not taking another chance. Losing something which you have set your heart and hard work on does not settle well with anyone. Most people take the way of blaming others rather than facing it because blaming is easy. You have got nothing to lose there, with blaming others just respect and trust. You will not take responsibility for your actions and always find everyone else and everything on the reason you lost.
Denial is a big part of the blame. You shift the blame from yourself to another party. Lawyers are sometimes needed to sort an issue, such as with a dispute an insurance denial.
- Focus on the issue at hand, analyze and make sure you do not blame people for your mistake.
Do Not take Defeat too Seriously
Everything can be worse than how it already is. Consider that there is a silver lining that you have not seen. Try to find the joke in what has happened, and keep a wide smile on your face even though it is hard for you to force a real smile. You might find the situation funnier, smaller, or more awkward once you take a step back from your sulkiness.
- Remember that there is always a silver lining
- Be your clown and find the joke
- Remember the happy moments
Let the Idea of Defeat Slide Off
When you lose, your feelings can get mixed up and mix up the way you see things. Do not keep on trying to figure out what happened or why it happened, and most of all, do not let Defeat, defeat you. You might feel your emotions mixing up with fury, disappointment, or resentment. Such feelings, in this case, will only make you feel worse about yourself.
- You can let go of all that and refuse to seek retaliation
- Accept that failure is a constant occurrence of life.
Agree that what you Did was Wrong
If you lost in an argument, you could improve your reputation by accepting that your methods are improper and that you agree fair and square. Consider saying sorry, recognizing your mistake, and showing how you have learned you were wrong. It is more shameful and childish to cling to what is wrong and refusing to admit that someone else is correct.
Remember that human is to error and making mistakes is part of being human. It is part of our growth and a large part of what helps us to mature and to prove we are grown up. You will lose trustworthiness if you handle the situation in an immature way.
- If you respond calmly, the rest of the people and your competition will see that you can admit when you are wrong.
Learn from your Mistakes
If you can take Defeat as a way of learning rather than a way of failure, you can move on flawlessly with your life. You finish tall, reflect learning and move on with a smile on your face. If you conduct yourself, in the same way, any other time you lose, you will find it easier and more comfortable every time, and you may come to realize that you have won differently.
- Try to take it that failure is part of your long journey.
- Ask yourself about why you failed and what you learn from it.
- Think of why you failed, and whether you could have done anything about it.
- Ask yourself whether you unintentionally forced yourself to fail because you still do not know the goal you are trying to reach.
Advance on your Errors
Relive on what happened, and look for lessons. Analyze the situation accurately. Figure out what you can really do to stop this from happening again and make it actionable. The more you focus on your next win, the better you may feel about your last defeat. Not all winners have won their first match. If you don’t accept Defeat gracefully, you will act rashly. People may notice if you don’t maturely handle your loss.
- Focus on the future
Conclusion; How to Accept Defeat in Everyday Situations
Defeat in everyday life does not mean you are worthless. It just means that someone else was better prepared than you were. Be graceful about your disappointment, congratulate the winner on his success, and learn from him. So how will you prepare for the second round?
Do not get it into your head that you failed to take it, that it is another opportunity to do better. Just like the bulb invention, the guy failed a couple of times to create the masterpiece. Maybe that failure is only a chance for better originality and better success. Defeat is not a failure; failure is believing and not doing anything about losing.
My name is Amy and i’ve been a passionate blogger about life, love and travel for many years. I first started blogging in 1997 and it’s been quite a journey since then. I keep my blog up-to-date on a weekly basis and you can also follow me on my Twitter account here: Hello