Nvohk, the “crowd-funded” eco clothing company that we’ve written about a couple of times send each of the co-founders a t-shirt. As part of my pledge to keep you up to date with how it’s going, a little ahead of the general mailing of t-shirts, I was lucky enough to be sent one as a preview. So I took a quick (28 seconds) video of it to show you what it’s like. I really like the tree logo and it’s made of 100% organic cotton.
If you can’t see the video below, please click here.
nvohk™ (pronounced ‘invoke’), are a company I signed up a while ago but realised I have never written about. They’re the first community-managed, eco-friendly, surf-inspired clothing company that began recruiting members via www.projectnvohk.com on December 4, 2007 and now have over 2,200 future members.
So what does this mean?! Essentially, you enter your email on their website, and once they hit 5,000 people you will be asked to contribute $50 per year to running a brand new eco-friendly clothing company. You are involved in making the decisions, and choosing designs. You even get a limted edition “founder” t-shirt if you actually become a founder. 10% of net profits go to environmental charities and 35% to members based on how much they have invested.
The full details are:
- members will contribute $50 in annual membership dues (YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO PAY ANYTHING TODAY) to…
- receive regular business updates and provide ongoing feedback via message boards
- help make major business decisions including logo design, product designs, advertising, sponsored athletes and musicians, etc.
- members will be invited via email to login to nvohk.com and read about specific business decisions on the table. members will then vote on their preferred outcome. when members reach a consensus of 60%+ (active votes), the decision will be executed via nvohk’s management.
- earn reward points based on 35% of net profits (1 to 1 ratio of dollars to points!)
- identify and select beneficiaries for corporate charitable donations (10% of net profits!)
- YES, as a member, you really are in charge